Orleans County Chamber of Commerce
The purpose of the Orleans County Chamber of Commerce is to encourage, support and perpetuate commerce, thereby enhancing the quality of life in the community. The Orleans County Chamber of Commerce is a voluntary organization of the business community. The Chamber is a not for profit, taxpaying organization. It unites hundreds of small business and professional firms, thus creating a unique central agency working to improve business and build a better community. Our membership is composed of small businesses interested in prospering and creating a healthy environment in which to conduct business. But most importantly, the Chamber is people. People who realize that through the chamber, they can accomplish collectively much more than what one of them can do individually. The strength of the chamber lies in attracting the greatest number of members, creating a pool of resources from which the organization can draw energy, ideas, and finances. Your Chamber is run by the members. A board of directors determine policies and set goals. A board president presides over all board meetings. The day-to-day operations are led by a professional, full time, paid, Executive Director. Your Chamber also has a full time insurance coordinator and bookkeeper.
Orleans County YMCA
Nurtures the Healthy Development of Children
Encourages Positive Behavior in Teens
Helping our community Become safer and Healthier
Staying in Motion
Youth Sports Leagues • Adult Sorts Leagues • Aerobics • Fitness Center • School’s Out • Day Camps • Progressive Swim Classes • Swim Team •Special Events •After School Care •Tournaments • Babysitting Available (with enrollment) • Nautilus Center • Universal Gyms 4 Stairclimbers • Aerobics Room • Rowing Machine • All Purpose Room • Exercise Bicycles Wise Middle School Pool • 2 Regulation Basketball Courts • Men’s/Women’s Locker Rooms • 2 Racquetball Courts • Sauna • Free Weights (Strength Training) • 3 Treadmills
Boy/Girl Scouts: Troop 35
Troop 35 has it’s charter from the Boys Scouts of America. Our council is Iroquois Trail located in Lockport NY
Troop 35 is sponsored by the Sacred Heart Church, Medina NY. We meet every Monday night that school is in session, from October 1st to June 1st. The meetings start at 7:00 pm in the Church Hall and end promptly at 8:00 pm
Medina Historical Society
Open 1st and 3rd Sunday, June 1st – October 21st, 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm. Private visits may be arranged.
Senior Citizens Center
Address: 615 West Avenue, Medina, NY 14103
Monthly Dinners and Monthly Meetings. Bi-monthly newsletter with your annual membership
Daily activities include: making cards, crafts and exercise classes. Monthly day trips and periodic longer trips to various entertainment and educational places offered.
Junior Wilson Sportsmen’s Club Inc.
Address: Bates Road, Medina, NY 14103
Knights of Columbus
Address: 418 Main Street, Medina, NY 14103
Lions Club of Medina District 20E-1
Address: P.O. Box 511, Medina, NY 14103
Medina Lodge #336
Address: West Center Street, Medina, NY 14103
Sacred Heart Club
American Red Cross
Address: 421 Main Street, Medina, NY 14103
Address: 421 Main Street, Medina, NY 14103
Orleans Habitat for Humanity
Three homes built in Medina for “a hand up not a hand out”. Volunteers always welcome.
Butts-Clark Post 204
Address: 305 Main Street, Medina, NY 14103
Originally chartered on August 8, 1919, as the James P. Clark Post #204. The Legion name was later changed on July 19, 1954, and called the Butts-Clark Post #204 in honor of both James Clark and John E. Butts. Since its incorporation as an American Legion in January of 1946, the Legion has gradually grown to assist not only in veterans affairs, but in all areas of the community and region.
- Join with the other 3 Legion Posts in the County and have a picnic at the V.A. Hospital in Batavia in June.
- Color Guard at Medina Canal Festival and Parade with the Lincoln Memorial Post 1483 Veterans of Foreign Wars and Leo Grabowski Memorial Chapter 202 Disabled American Veterans in July.
- Contribute to the 8th District American Legion on the Christmas Fund for the V.A. Hospital in Batavia in August.
- Select Post Legionnaire of the Year in September.
- Bingo Game at Batavia V.A. Hospital, snack & canteen books in December.
- Butts-Clark Post American Legion Cubs Little League Baseball Team Sponsor since 1969.
- Sponsor an 11th grade student to American Legion Boys State.
- Sponsor a student to the American Legion Oratorical Contest.
- Sponsor Butts-Clark Post American Legion Girls Powder Puff Baseball team since 1976.
- Fire at all Veterans Memorials with other Veteran Groups on Veterans Day in November, plus the County Memorial.
- All Veterans Groups in Medina Area place flags on graves in May.
- Fire at Cemeterys, memorials and the Memorial Day Parade with Medina area Veteran Groups.
- Contribute to the County American Legion who sponsor a 1st and 2nd year Nursing Student in college.
- Present Legion Award Certificate to 2 eighth grade students.
- Present American Flags to any Foreign High School Students.
- Rifle Squad, Color Guard with other Veteran Groups for Military Funerals in Medina area.
- Delegates to monthly County Legion meetings, 8th District American Legion (8 Counties) 6 times a year, and the State Department of New York American Legion Convention in July.
- Ring bells for the Salvation Army.
Lincoln Post 1483 VFW
WJ Gallaher & Son Memorial Veterans Club, Inc.
Address: 216 East Center Street, Medina, NY 14103
Club for Veterans of Foreign Wars
Ask us to host an event:
- Military Funerals *as requested
- Small Weddings
- Birthday Parties